Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Watch Your Back

You certainly don’t find the same type of people at Penn Station as you would at Grand Central. I’m not talking about commuters here. I’m talking about the loiterers! Grand Central is clean, well ventilated, it has a sense of class and nobility, and it has a sense of security. Even when you go into Grand Central for a train at midnight it seems very safe.

Trying to catch a train out of Pen Station at rush hour and there are creatures of all sorts. Deranged and scary, disgustingly filthy, on the floors, in the bathrooms, walking the corridors, inside, outside, and let’s not forget about the instance earlier this year where someone slashed a commuter during the evening rush hour in the NJ Transit waiting area. Penn Station sure is a safe place. I know I know…It’s not NJ Transit’s responsibility to police PS. That falls onto the Port Authority who is doing a wonderful job. Kudos! I feel as safe waiting for a train at 9pm as I would walking down a dark alley at midnight.

No comments: